What do I need to place an order?
To place your order you will need:
- A valid spectacle prescription, which must be:
- For spectacles — not for contact lenses
- Dated within the last two years*
- Your Pupillary Distance (PD) measurement. This may be on your prescription, but if it isn’t:
- Your optician may have it on record if you have ordered glasses from them before
- You can ask an optometrist to do it for you — most will do it for free or for a small fee
- If you’ve chosen to use your existing frames, we can measure the PD on your existing lenses
- As a last resort, follow the instructions provided here
When you have your PD measurement, simply write it on your prescription before you send it to us.
*We cannot use a prescription that is more than two years' old. If your prescription is more than two years' old, or nearing its two-year expiry date, book a new eye test before ordering your glasses.
- A valid spectacle prescription, which must be:
How do I get a prescription?
It’s easy to get your prescription. Simply make an eye test appointment with an optometrist near you.
What types of lenses do you offer?
We offer Single vision including Prescription with three vision types lens.
- Clear — ideal for everyday use according to the vision types such as Distance (driving & TV), Reading (Books, Smartphone & Tablets) and intermediate(Computer (Approx arm's length), Speedometer in Car).
- If you are unsure about your vision you can still choose an option called "I Don't Know" (You must upload the prescription and we will help you out).
Can you make lenses with a prism correction?
Yes. The pricing for these is based on your specific prescription and the type of lenses you choose. We can recommend the best lenses for you based on your prescription strength.
How do I know if a frame will fit me?
When a frame fits well:
- The lenses shouldn't stick out past the sides of your face
- Your pupils should be in the middle of the lens
- Your eyebrows should sit above the top rim, not inside it
- Your cheeks shouldn't push the frame up when you smile
- The frame shouldn’t slide down your nose
All our frames have three numbers printed on the inside of the arm. These are the measurements of the lens width, nose bridge width and arm length.
If you are replacing your glasses, you can compare these frame measurements to those on the frame you currently own to get a better idea of how the new frame will fit.
We have also provided a handy guide to choosing the right frame on our How to Order page.
How do I submit my prescription?
- Photograph or scan your prescription to get it onto your computer.
- Make sure the photograph is clear, readable and includes the full prescription with no parts covered or cropped out.
- Click the ‘Upload prescription’ button.
- Locate the photograph or scan file and upload it.
How do I order multiple pairs of glasses with different prescriptions?
You might need to order more than one pair of glasses. For example, if you need separate glasses for distance and reading, or if you’re ordering for yourself and someone else.
If this is the case, please place a separate order for each prescription.
Shipping is always free, so don’t worry about being charged extra for separate orders.
How do I place a larger order?
To place an order for ten or more pairs of glasses, please contact our laboratory directly on 0116 296 5313.
Can I get an itemised receipt?
Your receipt will be attached to your delivery confirmation email.
If you need another copy, you will find one stored on your 39 Pound Glasses account or, alternatively, by contacting our laboratory on 0116 296 5313.
When should I expect my order?
Providing there are no problems with your uploaded prescription*:
- If you are ordering glasses with a new frame from our range, you should receive your glasses within 10–11 days of placing your order.
- If you are reglazing your existing frame you should receive your glasses within 10–11 days from the time we receive your frame.
*If there is a problem with your prescription — for example, if it’s not readable — we will need to contact you using the information you supply on your order form.
Where do you deliver?
We can deliver your glasses to any UK address.
Is there a delivery charge?
Delivery is free within the UK.
How can I get my frame adjusted?
If your frame looks crooked, is uncomfortable or slides down your nose, it probably needs an adjustment. Most opticians will adjust your frame for free or for a small fee.
An optician should be able to:
- Adjust the bend at the end of the arm if it’s too tight or loose behind your ears
- Widen the temples a little if the frame is too tight on the side of your head
- Adjust your frame if it looks crooked when you wear it
What is the best way to clean my lenses?
We recommend using the Zeiss lens wipes. A sample wipe will be included with your order.
You can order more Zeiss lens wipes here.
It’s advisable to carry a lens cloth for dry cleaning and removing smudges on the go.
What if I’m having problems with my prescription?
It can take a few days to adjust to a new prescription.
If the problems persist for longer than a few days, you should first contact the optician who issued your prescription.
If you then find you need to contact us directly, you can do so by calling our laboratory on 0116 296 5313.
What if I need a lens replacement?
You can arrange a replacement of one or both lenses using our reglaze service.
What is your returns policy?
We offer a 30-day return or exchange policy on all orders.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will arrange a full refund or exchange within 30 days from when you receive your order.
Refunds will be credited to the original payment method.
How do I set up a return or exchange?
Contact our laboratory directly on 0116 296 5313.